What Does Your Home Inspector Do?
Following are some of the systems and items that are inspected and reported on during the course of your home inspection performed by BT HOME INSPECTION. These items are examined for material defects that would significantly affect the value, desirability, or safety of the home:
1. Foundations, basements and underfloor areas (which include but are not limited to): foundations, and support components; ventilation, insulation; access openings; wood separation from soil; drainage and sump pumps seismic anchoring and bracing.
2. Building exteriors - including surface grade; hardscaping, site drainage, wall coverings, doors, windows, attached appurtenances (decks, balconies, porches, stairs, railings and walkways,etc).
3. Roof coverings - including flashings, vents, skylights, roof penetrations and roof drainage.
4. Plumbing systems - supply lines, waste and vent piping, plumbing fixtures, faucets and drains; water heating equipment, functional flow of water supply, functional drainage at fixtures, gas piping and connectors.
5. Attic areas and roof framing - framing and sheathing, access openings, insulation and ventilation.
6. Electrical systems - service conductors, service equipment and capacity, panels and overcurrent protection devices, service and equipment grounding, wiring, switches, receptacles and light fixtures.
7. Heating systems - heating equipment, venting systems, combustion and ventilating air, energy sources and connections, distribution systems.
8. Central cooling systems - cooling equipment, distribution systems, energy sources and connections, condensate drainage.
9. Fireplaces and chimneys including but not limited to chimneys, flues and dampers, fireboxes, hearth extensions and accessories, solid-fuel and gas burning appliances.
10. Building interiors - including but not limited to walls, ceilings and floors, security bars, ventilation, doors and windows, stairs, railings, cabinets and counters, safety glazing, smoke detector placement, laundry provisions and built in appliances.
Call BT Home Inspection at (810) 691-2729 to schedule your appointment today!
Member of Better Business Bureau